- Premkumar M, Sable T, Dhanwal D, Dewan R. Vitamin D homeostasis, bone mineral metabolism, and seasonal affective disorder during 1 year of Antarctic residence. Arch Osteoporos. 2013;8:129
- Premkumar M, Sable T.Obesity, dyslipidemia and cholesterol gallstone disease during one year of Antarctic residence. Rural Remote Health. 2012;12:2186
- Premkumar M, Gupta N, Singh T, Velpandian T Cobalamin and folic Acid status in relation to the etiopathogenesis of pancytopenia in adults at a tertiary care centre in north India. Anemia. 2012;2012:707402
- Premkumar M, Sable T, Dhanwal D, Dewan R.Circadian Levels of Serum Melatonin and Cortisol in relation to Changes in Mood, Sleep, and Neurocognitive Performance, Spanning a Year of Residence in Antarctica. Neurosci J. 2013;2013:254090.
- Premkumar M, Gupta N. Madhumita P, Gupta N. Clinical and bacteriological spectrum of community acquired acute bacterial meningitis in adults at a tertiary care hospital in northern India. IJNPND. 2011;1(2):194–200.
- Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Vashishtha C, Bhatia V, Khumuckham JS, Kumar B. Acute viral hepatitis E is associated with the development of myocarditis. Case Reports Hepatol. 2015;2015:458056
- Premkumar M, Bagchi A, Kapoor N, Gupta A, Maurya G, Vatsya S, Hepatic myelopathy in a patient with decompensated alcoholic cirrhosis and portal colopathy. Case Reports Hepatol. 2012;2012:735906.
- Premkumar M, Dhanwal D, Mathews S, Garg A, Sahoo S, Mahamine K, Avascular Osteonecrosis of Femoral Head in a Post-Operative Patient of Pituitary Cushing’s Disease. J Assoc Physicians India. 2013 Jun;61(6):413-5
- Sukriti S, Maras JS, Bihari C, Das S, Vyas AK, Sharma S, Hussain S, Shasthry S, Choudhary A, Premkumar M, Kumar D, Kumar G, Mukhopadhyay C, Kumar A, Trehanpati N, Rautou PE, Moreau R, Sarin SK. Microvesicles in hepatic and peripheral vein can predict nonresponse to corticosteroid therapy in severe alcoholic hepatitis Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2018 Apr;47(8):1151-1161
- Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Vyas T, Grover S, Joshi YK. Cholangicarcinoma Presenting as a Sister Mary Joseph Nodule. ACG Case Rep J. 2016 Apr 15;3(3):209-11
- Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Sawhney A, Sinha A, Vyas T, Desai SN. Cardiac Cirrhosis May Present Ten Years after Pericardiectomy for Chronic Constrictive Pericarditis .Journal of Gastrointestinal & Digestive System 2015
- Premkumar M, Vyas T, Vashistha C, Kumar CK. Gall bladder adenocarcinoma masquerading as dermatomyositis . Oncology Gastroenterology and Hepatology Reports 3 (3), 32-35
- Premkumar M, Gupta N, Singh T, Velpandian T. Vitamin B12-homocysteine interaction and the efficacy of B12 therapy in relation to anemia and neurological disease in a North Indian population. Int J Nutr Pharmacol Neurol Dis. 2012;2:61–69.
- Premkumar M, Devurgowda D, Vyas T, Joshi YK et al. NCPH with a large spontaneous splenic abscess: successful management by percutaneous drainage. Trop Gastroenterol. 2018;39(1):43-46
- Premkumar M, Rangegowda D, Vyas T, Kulkarni A, Grover S, Maiwall R, Sarin SK. Primary hepatic amyloidosis may present as acute on chronic liver failure. ACG Case Rep J. 2017 (15);4:e22.
- Premkumar M, Choudhury A, Kumar S, Pamecha V. Avascular Osteonecrosis of the Knee in a Post Liver Transplant Patient with Recurrent Cholangitis and Early Chronic Rejection Oncology, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Reports,2018,7,1,70-74
- Premkumar M, Dhiman RK. Direct-Acting Antiviral Agents for HCV Infection.J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2018 Mar;8(1):1-2.
- Premkumar M, Grover GS, Dhiman RK.Do generics work as well as branded drugs?. J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2017 Sep;7(3):253-261.
- Premkumar M, Devurgowda D, Dudha S, Bihari C, Grover S, Gupra E, Kumar S, Sarin SK. A/H1N1/09 influenza is associated with high mortality in liver cirrhosis. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2018.04.006.
- Premkumar M, Saxena P,Mirza P, Sukriti S, Bihari C, Choudhary A, Sarin SK . Coagulation failure is associated with bleeding events and clinical outcome during systemic inflammatory response and sepsis in ACLF:an observational cohort study. Liver Int. 2019 Apr;39(4):694-704. doi: 10.1111/liv.14034.
- Premkumar M, Devurgpwda D, Vyas T, Shsthry SM, Khumuckham JS, Goyal R, Thomas S, Kumar G . Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction is Associated with Renal Dysfunction, Poor Survival and Low Health Related Quality of Life in Cirrhosis. JCEH 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2018.08.008
- Premkumar M, Devurgowda D, Sarin SK. Carvedilol combined with ivabradine improves left ventricular diastolic-dysfunction,clinical progression and survival in cirrhosis J Clin Gastroenterology 2019. In Press.
- Premkumar M, Saxena P,Mirza P, Sukriti S, Bihari C, Choudhary A, Sarin SK . Heparin like effect increases the risk of mortality and bleeding in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis Clin. Gas. Hepatol. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cgh.2019.04.057
- Dhiman RK, Grover GS, Premkumar M, Taneja S, Duseja A, Rathi S, Satsangi S. Direct-acting antiviral Therapy Is Safe and Effective in Pediatric Chronic Hepatitis C: The Public Health Perspective.. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2019 Jan;68(1):74-80.
- Premkumar M, Kajal K, Khumuckham JS .Non-invasive Estimation of Intravascular Volume Status in Cirrhosis by Dynamic Size and Collapsibility Indices of the Inferior Vena Cava using bedside Echocardiography. JGH Open. 2019 https://doi.org/10.1002/jgh3.12166
- Premkumar M, Devurgowda D, Dudha S, Kulkarni A, Joshi YK. Clinical and endoscopic management of synchronous amoebic liver abscess and bleeding colonic ulcers. J Assoc of Physicians India 2019; 67:14-18.
- Premkumar M, Devurgowda D, Dudha S, Kulkarni A, Maiwall R. Difficult to Treat Recurrent Pyogenic Cholangitis With Portal Pylephlebitis in the Setting of Idiopathic CD4+ Lymphocytopaenia. JCEH 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2019.03.007
- Kulkarni AV, AK Choudhury, Premkumar M, Jain P et al. Spectrum, Manifestations and Outcomes of Dengue Infection in Individuals with and without Liver Disease. J Clin. Trans. Hepatol. 2019. DOI: 10.14218/JCTH.2018.00047
- APASL ACLF Research Consortium (AARC) for APASL ACLF working Party. Acute‑on‑chronic liver failure: consensus recommendations of the Asian Pacific association for the study of the liver (APASL): an update. 2019. Hepatol. Int. available from https://doi.org/10.1007/s12072-019-09946-3
- Portal hypertension: Newer Perspectives. Madhumita Premkumar, Shiv Sarin. Monograph in Gastroenterology/ Hepatology: What is New? Indian College of Physicians. (In press)
- Diagnosis and management of Chronic Hepatitis C. Madhumita Premkumar, Premashish Kar. API textbook of Medicine. 2011.
- Chronic Viral Hepatitis. API Textbook of Medicine. 11th Edition. (Vol 1) 2018 RK Dhiman, Madhumita Premkumar.
- NAFLD and Obesity. Clinical handbook on NAFLD. 2019. Aakash Roy and Madhumita Premkumar
|S. No.||Title||Cost in Lakh||Duration||Role as PI/CoPI||Agency|
|1||Left ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction in Cirrhosis||23lakhs||2014 -2017||PI||DST -YS Grant|
Three publications have been produced from this grant
- Premkumar M, Devurgpwda D, Vyas T, Shsthry SM, Khumuckham JS, Goyal R, Thomas S, Kumar G. Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction is Associated with Renal Dysfunction, Poor Survival and Low Health Related Quality of Life in Cirrhosis. JCEH 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2018.08.008
- Premkumar M, Devurgowda D, SarinSK. Carvedilol combined with ivabradine improves left ventricular diastolic-dysfunction, clinical progression and survival in cirrhosis J Clin Gastroenterology 2019. Accepted Article. In Press.
- Premkumar M, Kajal K, Khumuckham JS. Non-invasive Estimation of Intravascular Volume Status in Cirrhosis by Dynamic Size and Collapsibility Indices of the Inferior Vena Cava using bedside Echocardiography. JGH Open. 2019 https://doi.org/10.1002/jgh3.12166
In this Section
- Brief Resume
- Professional Qualifications & Experience